What are “cookies”?
“Cookies” (also known as HTTP cookies, web cookies or browser cookies) are simply small pieces of data, which are stored as text files on your computer, whenever you visit certain websites. Their typical purpose is to help sites remember particular actions you may have done there in the past. For example, cookies may track when you have logged into a site, visited certain pages or clicked certain buttons.
- Remember when you have logged into a site.
- Remember your user preferences, searches and favourites.
- Track your usage of a site, via Google Analytics©.
- Track the success of our marketing campaigns. Additionally, Reed Exhibitions (Pty) Limited websites have a small set of carefully selected third-party providers.
- Target more relevant advertisements to you;
- Enable social media sharing including the use of Facebook©, Twitter© and YouTube©;
- Ensure better service delivery. You can view a full list of all cookies used by Reed Exhibitions (Pty) Limited websites in the “What cookies do we use and why?” section.
Are cookies harmful?
Despite this, if you do wish to disable or remove cookies, please see the “Help” section of your browser or mobile device. Each browser or device handles the management of cookies differently, so you will need to refer to your appropriate “Help” documentation. However, as mentioned, please be aware that cookies are essential for certain features of a Reed Exhibitions (Pty) Limited site to work properly.
Why are we telling you this?
What cookies do we use and why?
The following shows the full list of platform cookies, used throughout all Reed Exhibitions (Pty) Limited websites.
||Google Analytics© is another analytics solution, which provides information about your activity on an Reed Exhibitions (Pty) Limited website.
||This is another Google Analytics© cookie. It is used to establish a user session with an Reed Exhibitions (Pty) Limited website.
||This is another Google Analytics© cookie. It determines whether or not a new session has been created.
||This is another Google Analytics© cookie. It is used to identify how you arrived at the site, whether via a direct method, a referring link, a website search or a campaign, such as an advertisement or email link. This cookie is used to calculate search engine traffic, advertisement campaigns and page navigation. It is updated with each page view.
||Reed Exhibitions (Pty) Limited©
||If you have arrived at a Reed Exhibitions (Pty) Limited website via one of our marketing campaigns, this cookie helps us report on the webpage from which you arrived.
For step-by-step instructions on how to turn off cookies, please click here.